These is just my personal list and is in no certain order.
1. Utah gets on average 500 inches of THE GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH annually. They call it the Great Salt Lake Effect when lake water rises into the clouds, producing squalls of light, fluffy and dry snow that dumps on the nearby Wasatch Mountains. This Utah trademarked snow phenomenon causes an epidemic called “powder flu” - highly contagious amongst skiers – causing extended work absences and irrepressible grins.
2. There are 13 World Class Resorts and 11 of the Resorts are within a 30minute to 1 hour drive of SLC International airport..... Park City Mountain Resort ( http://www.pcmr.com/) is our FAVE
3. By arriving on an early flight and leaving on a late flight you can actually get 2 extra days on the slopes
4. Ability to ski/board a different resort every day if you choose, as most are within 10 to 45 min. of each other
5. Après ski- The only thing DRY in Utah is the SNOW. There are over 100 bars and restaurants in Park City alone.
6. Your first ski day in Park City, Utah is FREE on your day of arrival. Thanks to the Quick Start promotion from the Park City Chamber of Commerce, you can ski on your arrival day free of charge (applicable dates vary) simply by showing your QuickStart voucher and your boarding pass.
7. Park City is the best western ski town because you get three ski resorts all within minutes of each other. This 1868 silver mining town is now a gold mine for skiers. The funky frontier Main Street brims with western saloons, just enough boutiques for après ski retail therapy, and an artsy vibe. Robert Redford’s Sundance Film Festival (2nd only to Cannes Film Fest) is staged in Park City every January.
8. My personal #1 is PCMR. Park City Mountain Resort( http://www.pcmr.com/) is where the US Ski & Snowboard Teams train. You can push your limits here too amid 9 bowls and 3,300-acres. McConkey’s and Jupiter Bowl offer high-alpine high adventure skiing up to 10,026’. Back in the 1960’s skiers would ride 3-mile mine shafts to access the snowy slopes, today you can coast on comfy high-speed six passenger and quad lifts to hit Park City’s signature runs. PCMR is our OUR FAVORITE!!!!
9. You must ski Deer Valley ( http://www.deervalley.com/) before you die. This #1 rated ski resort (Ski Magazine readers’ poll) is a posh, semi-private ski paradise where the service is as sublime as the snow. Snowboarders are banned and lift ticket sales are limited (so buy your Deer Valley tix in advance). Deer Valley’s reputation for first-class service is still polished after 30 years. Yes, they carry your skis from the car, and groom their slopes to perfection. You can also ski to The Goldener Hirsch Inn for an Austrian-inspired feast of fondue, or stop by legendary Stein Eriksen’s Lodge for the après ski “see and be seen” scene.
10. Did I mention that they have THE GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH!!!!!
I know I'm a little biased, BUT once you experience it you will come back! As most locals will tell you, "We came here for the winters and skiing.....but we stayed for the summer"